Happy Easter! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying some good food and good company wherever you are! With Spring now in full swing, I am sharing some of my favourite products that, as of late, have been making a regular appearance in my skincare and beauty routines. Here are some great products I recommend to help you achieve that fresh look for the Spring season.
1) Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream: To be honest, this is one of my favourite moisturizers to use all year round, but I think it’s perfect for this time of year when our skin is adjusting to the weather changes as we transition into a new season. It’s a medium-weight moisturizer and works great for my combination skin. It hydrates sufficiently, doesn’t leave my face looking shiny, and overall makes my skin feel softer and smoother. Love this product.
2) Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna: If you’re feeling like me, you’re feeling pale as ever from the lack of daylight during what felt like the longest winter ever. These days when it’s sunny and light outside longer, I want my skin to catch up with a bit of colour, but not a full summer-tan glow. This bronzer is perfect. Without going overboard, I lightly dust it over my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin to give my face a bit of warmth and colour. It gives a more natural look than many bronzers out there and comes in various shades for different skin tones.
3) EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm: Even though winter is over, for some reason, my lips are drier than ever these days. I’d heard a lot of great things about this product for awhile, plus it’s made with shea butter, is 100% natural and 95% organic, so I thought I’d finally give it a go. I’ve become pretty addicted to using this lip balm because my lips do feel softer and smoother, but also because I bought it in their new Blueberry Acai flavour which is rich in antioxidants and smells amazing!
4) Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner: Hard to believe, but I’d never tried liquid liner before. Probably because I use an amazing pencil eyeliner which gives me close to that effect (more about that in the future!). But after seeing it on a friend, I decided to try it. I’m still working on applying it faster, but I have to say, I’ve been converted! I love using this product because it has a super fine-point tip and makes it easy to apply for amateurs like me. What I’ve noticed is it gives a clean look to my eye-make up and brightens my eyes by giving the illusion of fuller lashes. Love it!
5) Essie Polish in Fiji: Pink is everywhere right now this Spring so naturally I’ve been looking for the perfect pale pink nail polish. This one by Essie is really pretty. It’s opaque which is nice (pale pink polishes are often transparent) and you only need 2 coats (transparent pinks often need 3). For alternative pale pinks you can get Essie’s new Romper Room or another favourite of mine, OPI’s new I Love Applause (3 coats!).
6) Mac Cream Colour Base in Pearl: This creamy product is one of my go-to’s for getting a fresh, dewy look with my make-up. I just dab a bit on my finger and lightly blend it along the top of the cheek-bone area to give my skin a bit of a glow. It’s pretty awesome.
7) Mac Lipstick in Impassioned: As we move away from the dark red and deep burgundy shades, this lipstick colour is great for Spring. Mac calls it an “Amped-up fuchsia” which is just what I want this time of year when I feel like adding a pop of bright colour to my look.